Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Where I live (part 6)

I know, this is getting a bit long. It’s therapy, cheap therapy. Bear with me… This should be “the rest of the story”…at least as far as I’ve lived it so far!

God broke me and set me free at our new church. Each Sunday, through the music and worship and word, he kept reminding me that He was there and that He did love me. He told me that I was free to believe whatever I wanted, to do whatever I wanted, but that He wanted me. He keeps telling me and must keep telling me, because I am weak.

I didn’t realize how much I depended on my family of believers to hold me up in my faith, until they were gone! I still don’t have that and sooo desperately desire it. Be sure to be thankful for those Christian friends around you! Don’t take them for granted like I did! I miss them so much now!

And so, now here we are. We have been talking about moving. After two years, I still don’t know why I am here. We felt like God was going to do big things through us when we came. I was ready to bust in here and turn this place upside down!

Have I made a huge impact on this place like I thought we would? No.

Have I made a small impact on a few people? I certainly think so. And it is worth it for one person!

Has God made an impact on me through us living here? Oh. Maybe that is why I live here….

No comments: