Thursday, July 20, 2006

Thursday Thanks Tank #15 (filling up the tank with thanks)


What a busy week! With deciding to sell the house, getting it ready, and showing it. Plus we started school on Monday! Today, I'm going to tell you why I'm thankful for homeschooling my children!

"Teach them to your children,
talking about them when you sit at home
and when you walk along the road,
when you lie down and when you get up."
--Deuteronomy 11:19

I am thankful for:

1. Structure - It provides us with a schedule for our day and keeps us from being too idle.

2. Direction - We are always moving forward towards our goal.

3. Purpose - We have definite purpose in learning as God wants us to learn.

4. Fun! - Many days we have so much fun together!

5. Laughter - Especially when we've taken a break from school, we are more relaxed and can be silly together!

6. Time alone - I get more time one-on-one with each of my children while the others are working alone. They thrive on this!

7. Time together - We don't have "homework" in the evening, which gives us lots of time to spend together as a family!

8. Accomplishments - Each of us (myself as teacher included!) experience a sense of accomplishment as we learn something or get better at something. The best part is getting to share this as a family!

9. Yummy foods - We frequently cook with younger students (it's math, science - whatever you make it!). Today, I'm smelling a pumpkin pie in the oven!! Mmmmm!

10. My children - I like my children more when they are homeschooled! Seriously! They are kinder, gentler, and more loving! I think they feel more secure!

It is full of sacrifice - homeschooling, but the rewards are great! My children are worth it!

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord,
continue to live in him,
rooted and built up in him,
strengthened in the faith as you were taught,
and overflowing with thankfulness."
--Colossians 2:6,7

No comments: