Monday, July 24, 2006

Surprise! Surprise!

How cool is this? I'm still on a high from this weekend! It was full of fun surprises!

On Saturday, Papa called from Atlanta where he'd spent the week at Mega-fest. He had rode down with a friend and they were planning on coming home on Sunday. Their conference was over and he was ready to come home. He asked if I would drive halfway to get him. I said, "Hmmmm...could I come a little farther than halfway!?"

So we did! We met up in Calhoun, GA. Then drove a short 20 miles off of I-75 to see Just Peachy!!! Of course, she had just moved to Rome, GA on Thursday! We got to see her sweet new home and all go out to dinner together in downtown Rome. It was an absolutely wonderful visit! I can't even express how thankful I am for that short time with them!! I miss that girl so much! I'm so glad that she is just 2 1/2 hours from me now! We must get together again soon, Peach!! (And notice that I honored your request not to post your picture yet - I'll let you do the "unvailing" on your blog!!)


Then, on Sunday after church, we had a surprise birthday party for my friend Melanie (who has been through losing her 3 yr old son just 2 years ago, and now is fighting breast cancer)! I hadn't seen her for a month and enjoyed getting updated on her cancer treatments, etc... We really surprised her - with about 15 adults and uncounted children! I think she loved all the attention!

Please pray for her as she continues to take radiation and another experimental drug. She's made it through chemo-therapy and is trying to live somewhat a normal life now. She needs all the prayers for healing that she can get!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I had so much fun with ya'll Saturday night, but last night was an extra-special treat, my precious friend! I am still trying to process all we shared, but I think it will take days. I will hold you close to my heart, dear TN Mama.

BTW, thanks for holding my identity a secret for a little longer. I'm thinking I need to have a reveal soon. Maybe after a date with Loreal, my closest image consultant : )

Talk to you again soon!

Jennifer said...

I'm happy that peach will be closer by. It gives me hope that I might see her again someday this side of heaven.

I love the pictures! I miss you all!