Friday, July 14, 2006

Saturday Photo Scavenger Hunt - doors


This week's Photo Hunt theme is doors.

This is my front door.

It was broken when we bought the house.

It has been abused - by many slams from children trying oh-so-hard to get it shut all the way!

It has welcomed - family, friends, neighbors, Papa home from a long day at work.

It is home!

"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." --Revelation 3:20

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah ha! I was wondering if anyone would post a picture of their front door this week. I thought about doing this but changed my mind at the last minute.

The family door is definitely one to remember and though the reason behind the slams fades over time, the fact that it remains standing is symbolic of family life - strong and steadfast. *smile*

Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

I love iron doors. how in the world did it break?

Unknown said...

I love the scripture reference with your post!

Maribeth said...

That's a very pretty front door. I like the grill work.

Irish Church Lady :) said...

Hey! I'm making my rounds and so far it's the first one I've seen of someone's actual front door! Hee hee ... I was beginning to wonder when I would get to one. Thanks for sharing, warts, and all! :) My front door is in bad needing of a painting from all the toe kicks. Thanks for sharing the scripture too!

Unknown said...

the 2nd actual door ive seen. great post. mines up. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice strong door to me.
Mine is posted.

Proud Mum said...

That's a beautiful door (the imperfectness of it being broken makes it more beautiful, I think.)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful door. :) I played too.

Philosophical Karen said...

Wow, what a great door. Too bad it's broken like that.

My photo is up.