I'm thankful for:
1. My country - United States of America. We have so many opportunities here.
2. My freedom - especially my freedom to worship Jesus! I can't imagine living in a country were this is forbidden!
3. Those who fight for my country! Thank you to all who do and have ever fought to keep our country safe!
4. Fireworks - being over! They make me a nervous wreck when the young kids are shooting them at each other, etc... I like the pretty ones, but they can be so dangerous!
5. God's provision. Sometimes I get so concern about our finances and not being able to pay what we need to pay next week. Somehow, He always takes care of us! I must trust more!
6. Time off. We will start school again soon, but I'm enjoying these days off - sleeping in, playing more games, reading more books, and just doing pretty much whatever we want to do!
7. Discipline charts! This is a funny one, I guess. We decided that it was time to have a "crackdown" once again at our house. This always works wonders around here! We define what areas the kids need to work on and we determine what the consequences will be for those things and we "crackdown". Every time they do those things, they get the consequence. The good thing is, we don't get impatient or angry with them. We can calmly refer to the "crackdown chart" to see what is their consequence. This puts the focus on their choice to do the behaviors.
8. Organization. I really love to be organized! Papa, not so much (to say the least!). I've managed to get a little area in our bedroom (my desk) cleaned off and a bit more organized. It feels good to have at least a little area under control! I've been re-organizing the office at work too. It's good for everyone!
9. Friends moving closer! I'm not saying who, but someone I love very much is moving closer to me! Instead of like a 9 hour drive, it will be a 3 hour drive, with a lovely city halfway between! I miss her so much and can't wait to see her again...
10. Things to look forward to! Like VBS next week (and possibly a date night with Papa?), like a trip to Ohio to see my grandmother in August (although, I will be taking my 3 children and traveling alone...).
What are you thankful for this Thursday in July?
"Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe." --Hebrews 12:28