Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday Thanks Tank #14 (filling up the tank with thanks)

Once again it is time to express thanks to God for His blessings this week! Join us in giving thanks! (I can't get the Thursday Thanks Tank tag to come up today!!)

I am thankful for:

1. Phone conversations with a good friend! I got to speak with Peach TWO times in the last week over the phone. I love hearing how God is working in the details of her life right now!

2. An evening with "Dtoo" (you know, "frog loaner")! Oh, it was so good to visit with her and hear what God has been doing in her life lately! Even after several hours of talking, there was still more we didn't get to say. We must get together again soon, Dtoo!

3. Vacation Bible School - This is giving the kids a fun week of evenings!

4. Kid Friends - The kids are getting to spend more time around other kids their ages.

5. Papa's leadership - I'll take it when I can get it! I expressed a frustration that I was having and he pointed out my own mistakes in the matter and how I was mostly responsible for my frustration. He made suggestions for aleviating the frustration and after a little cry, I agreed.

6. Being needed - We all want to feel needed, especially by God. Can He use me? Certainly, He can use you! He's shown me this week that He can use me too!

7. God's aligning of hearts! Papa and I had a big talk yesterday and we both agree God is leading us in a new direction. I love it when He speaks to both of us - and at the same time!!

8. Kid's flexibility - When we told the kids about the changes we feel God wants us to make, they were actually excited! We weren't sure how they'd respond, but they took it and ran (perhaps too far ahead! They are so much like their mother, making plans like they do!).

9. A night out with Thelma - Yes, we did dinner and the mall again. It was so fun! I enjoyed spending the evening with her!

10. Good bargains! I found some real deals when we were shopping that I'm so excited about! Two shirts for Papa (both $4.99!), and a pair of jeans for Game Master (for just $4.99) - all name brand stuff! Cool!

God is good! He has whispered in my ear this week and made His presence known. Of course, I prefer neon signs, but I can grasp hold of the small whispers and trust that He is there!

What are you thankful for?

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good;
his love endures forever"
--1 Chronicles 16:34

1 comment:

Pam said...

Hey there, precious friend. I sure enjoyed talking with you, too. We need to make plans to do it more often. I'm sure I will need to hear a friendly voice in the middle of my new surroundings.

Cool list! I'm especially excited to hear more about what's going on with #7 and #8. Details, details!!

Love you, sweetie!!