Thursday, July 13, 2006

Everyday Things...


"...For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances."
Philippians 4:11
Well, like I said last week, God is working on me to be more content. I am a work in progress. It is a long progress....
----
My biggest complaint in the summertime is the heat! I don't like the heat - anything above 72 degrees is too warm for me. Of course, I don't want anything below 58 degrees either. But, I would rather take the cold than the hot! (See, lacking contentment - I told you so.)
----
Last year, while attending an in-depth Bible study, I answered the question "What things in this world are you thankful for?" by saying "air conditioning"! Yes, I said my hubby, children, family, friends, church, Bible, etc... first. But honestly, I answered "air conditioning"!!
----
I try to be content with the heat and I think that I have gotten much closer this summer than ever. I've just made a truce and decided that makeup is not meant to be worn in the summer time! I've taken a vacation from beautification (not that there was any hope to begin with!). I've stocked up on the most-potent deoderant I can find. I even purchased some smell-good body spray and placed it everywhere I can think of - including the car! I have packed away any clothing item with any material covering the arms, shoulders, neck, legs, ankles, or feet.
----
I'm okay with the heat this summer! Well, as long as I can retreat to my ice-crusted, ceiling-fan-blowing bedroom to sleep in at night...
(Sorry about all the ----! I can't get blogger to let me space my paragraphs!)

1 comment:

Susanne said...

I'm thankful for ac on the real hot days too, but around here it's more a dry heat than a humid heat so I think that's a bit more bearable.

Blogger was not giving me my spaces either. Another blogger told me to manually put them in. Go to Edit HTML when composing and put in < br > (without the spaces between. Had to put those in right now to show you) at the end and beginning of each paragraph