Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thursday Thanks Tank #6 (filling up the tank with thanks)

It is an absolutely beautiful day here in East Tennessee! I'm thankful to live here! It is Thursday once again. Time to share with you my attitude of gratitude!

Yesterday it rained. In the evening, our family went down to the river for a walk. Today, the children ate lunch outside on our back porch.

I'm thankful for God's creation and want to praise Him for:

1. The sky! Blue as it is today, gray as it was yesterday.

2. The trees! Green and lush as today, orange, red, yellow, and vibrant in the fall, and bear in the winter.

3. The flowers! All kinds! Perenials, annuals. The honeysuckle tree that we saw yesterday evening that smelled so good! The ones blooming now - daffodils, tulips, and dandelions! The ones yet to bloom - roses, mums...

4. The waters! The rivers, muddy after a rain. The oceans, clear and sparkling. The small creeks to get our feet wet.

5. Grass! Especially when it is green and freshly mown.

6. Rain! It's provision for us. The fun we can occasionally have playing in it!

7. Mountains! Little hills, huge mountains, tree covered and rocky!

8. Stars, moon and sun! Make the day and night special!

9. Animals! Puppies, kittens, bunnies, birds. Frogs!

10. People! Husbands, children, other family, friends, and future friends to be made!

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." --Psalm 118;24

3 comments:

Kacey said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment over at my place! It's always so exciting to see that someone has stopped by and stayed a while. Come by anytime!
I figured out the blogroll and picture by pure luck. It took me forever to even understand what "code" was. Oh, well. I'm a little behind on the times, I suppose!
P.S. Watched the Australian Sway Pole Dancers today. If you don't know what I am talking about, you'll think that I am crazy!

Pam said...

What a wonderful list. I miss all those colors, especially in the fall. The color I miss most in the spring is the color of the red bud. We had the most gorgeous pasture behind our apartment in Louisville, filled with dogwoods and redbuds.

Miss you, friend.

Anonymous said...

Amen!