Monday, April 10, 2006

Just Give Me Jesus!

I feel the need to spend a little time talking about the weekend I just had. Just like Bastica, it can't be said in just one post!

I went to the "
Women of Joy" conference in Gatlinburg, Tennessee with some ladies from a local church. There were some awesome speakers! Each one touched my heart in a different way. I will share later about how each one spoke to me...

But for now, my focus is said in one of the last songs that
Fernando Ortega sang on Sunday morning....


GIVE ME JESUS (<- click on it to hear it!)
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus

When I am alone
When I am alone
When I am alone
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus

And when I come to die
When I come to die
When I come to die
Give me Jesus

Give me Jesus
Give me Jesus
You can have all this world
But give me Jesus

And so I say... You can have all this world!.......... but give me Jesus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a weekend! This is just the beginning of something big! I can't wait to see what God has in store for us now.

Jennifer said...

yay! i'm so glad it worked out that you could go! can't wait to hear more. I love Fernando Ortega. I have one of his cd's and it is so good.

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it an awesome weekend?! Thanks for putting up w/ your sleepy suitemate! We really have to do that conference again next year...

P.S. Found your blog! You can visit Barry's at lasthome.blogspot.com - You'll recognize it by the photo at top left!