Monday, April 10, 2006

Just Give Them Jesus...

I'm so sad... This life chapter has finally come to a close for my dear friend, but I wish this part of her story was more victorious for her!

My dear friend, Melanie, was hit by an impaired driver on May 19, 2004. Her 3 year old son, Hunter, was killed instantly.

It has been a long and difficult two years awaiting justice for this family. Today, the district attorneys accepted a plea bargain with Joshua Harris (the impaired driver). He is sentenced to only two years in jail! His charges included vehicular homicide by intoxication (Zanex, Meth, and Cocaine!), reckless aggravated assault, and possession of drug paraphernalia. (Click here or here to see the news stories.)

I'm so disappointed in our justice system for allowing this man - who had 4 prior convictions - to be on the road in the first place. And now, in just 2 years time, after his 5th conviction, he will be out there once again...

And so I pray, for Melanie and her family.... give them Jesus!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

So sad. So unfair.

My heart aches for Melanie and her family. I know that God is going to use their powerful testimonies for good but it stinks that they have to have so much pain.

Pam said...

Ooo . . . that makes me so mad!!

I will be praying for more Jesus for all the of them, and for you, too, my sweet friend.

So glad to know your weekend was so fabulous. I prayed for you often as God kept bringing you to mind.

Look at you and your new avatar, lookin' awesome, I must say!!! Glad you figured it out!

Anonymous said...

Saw that story on the news yesteday...can't believe his sentence was so short! I'm so impressed w/ Melanie's comments re: working for better laws re: this type of crime. She's obviously an amazing Christian woman!