Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Thursday Thanks Tank #4 (filling up the tank with thanks)

How can I not be thankful!? This week, can I limit it to 10!?

I am thankful for:

1. My salvation. That I may have a relationship with the Creator of the Universe! That He loves me so much that He'd give His Son's life for mine! Sometimes the walk as a Christian is hard, but knowing the 'end' makes it full of hope!!

2. The Mountains! The Smoky Mountains are beautiful ANY time of the year! How wonderful it was this past weekend to drive through the mountains at the beginning of the getaway. We fought through rush-hour traffic and then all of a sudden, there was noone! It was beautiful!

3. Old friends and New friends. It was wonderful spending time with friends I've known, as well as new friends I'd never met! How awesome to spend a weekend with 4,000 sisters in Christ!

4. Music! How wonderful music is to our ears! And yet, how convicting it can be! My friend, AnnieBeth, and I are going to pick a song each week that speaks to us! I just might put mine on my blog! This week's is "Give Me Jesus".

5. God's Word - it is alive and relevant every day! I am amazed at how I can take a passage that I've heard so many times before and get something new from it! He is good!

6. Joy in the Lord! I'm thankful that I can choose to have joy, no matter the circumstances - just because He is good!

7. Family reunions! A weekend away and we appreciate our family so much more, don't we? It was so good to be missed by them and welcomed home with big hugs and cuddles from all!

8. God's justice. Sometimes it seems people don't get the justice they deserve, but I know that God is just and He is Judge. His judgement is greater than man's!

9. Another day - with God, with family, with friends, to enjoy creation, to love and be loved.

10. Delight! Zephaniah 3:17 says, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

2 comments:

Shalee said...

Amen, Amen, Amen!

It really is a choice to be thankful, isn't it? No matter how you look at it, God is good and He loves to take care of us. Let us rejoice in all things, good and bad, big and small.

Pam said...

Great list. I rejoice with you.

BTW, I tagged you on my site. Come see!