It's kinda funny, but now that things have "slowed" down, we are busier - just in a different way! We are having all kinds of fun, leaving less time inside and at the computer!
I am thankful though! Here's what I'm thankful for today:
1. Cooler temperatures! Wow! I know, it's early for that, but it has been in the mid to upper 90's here already for the past week. I'm thankful for an 85 degree day today! At least we can breathe!
2. Kitchen sinks with disposals! Ha! Silly, but something I normally take for granted! My sink was stopped up for several days and Doppler Daddy came over to help get it unstopped. After removing a piece of metal out of the disposal (???), it worked fine.
3. Kitchen sinks with disposals! Yes, again! The day after Doppler Daddy fixed it, I decided to finally clean out the fridge. Thinking all was well, I sent some pasta down the disposal. Not. Good. Then I had not only a stopped up sink, I couldn't wash, nor run the dishwasher (you know the ones I'd just cleaned out of the fridge!). After a few attempts (and about 36 hours), Papa finally got it all cleared out and I think we are good now!
4. Neighbors! I love my neighbors! The kids and I went over for a cookout on Monday. We sat in the backyard and swang all afternoon. It was so good to relax with friends!
5. Military men and women! Past, present and future. I'm thankful for their willingness to fight for our country.
6. Scrapbooking! It is therapy for me! Really! I love being able to complete something. I love leaving the legacy for my children and grandchildren... And I love having friends over to do it with me!
7. Love! I'm thankful that even when it seems like no one loves you or cares about you, God sends someone to reassure you that you are wrong! (I love you too, AnnieBeth!)
8. Summertime Fun! We spent an afternoon at the fountains, a day at the pool, a day in the neighbor's backyard, and a lazy day on the front porch rocking!
9. God's Grace! He is sufficient for me. He is constantly reminding me that He is all I need.
10. Hope! Once again, I am thankful for hope. God knows what I need. He knows how I feel. I have a future in Him.
How are you thankful this day?