1. A great pediatrician. I think I've used this one before, but once again he has taken great care of my child! Game Master had his 9 year old check-up last Thursday and Dr. Greg was sooooo good with him. He was such a good listener. I am thankful for him!
2. Help with "the cake"! AnnieBeth came over on Friday night and helped me put together Pretty Princess' birthday cake. We had fun (and some really yummy salsa during breaks!)!
3. Marital communication! For me, there is nothing better in my marriage than when Papa talks to me about deep personal matters! We had a great talk that 'reunited' us as a team to continue fighting for our marriage (for that is what it is in these times!).
4. A timely word! Our church started a new series on Sunday, just in time! The message was filled with practical godly advice for families.
5. Relaxing front porch moments! Despite getting home late from church and hosting a birthday party a few short hours later, we were so prepared that we got to sit on the front porch and relax for a bit before the party! It was much needed in the hussle-bussle of the day!!
6. Birthday Parties! Okay, really, I'm thankful it is over!! Ha! They are so much work!
7. Haircuts! This might seem silly to some, but I rarely 'treat' myself to a good haircut! I've got a friend who is in training at a really nice salon here and she came to my house and gave me a cut. It feels so good to have a fresh cut, doesn't it!?
8. A good doctor for Papa! As part of the good talk that we had, an appointment was made with a new doctor for Papa. We saw him yesterday. He was extremely thorough and very nice! We were both pleased with him.
9. A good night's sleep! Best of all, Papa had a good night's sleep last night for the first time in years with the help of some Ambien. He has suffered with insomnia for years. I'm so glad he is finally getting help for it!
10. Girl's night out! Thelma and I went out last night to dinner and to the mall. It was so fun! We had a great meal (albeit way too much to eat!). We had fun walking the whole mall and shopping (for nothing in particular - we are both bargain hunters!).
See, this week it was easy to reflect and be thankful! Every week isn't like that for me though. But you know, I think every week is full of blessings, but my attitude is not always one of gratitude!
"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly
as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom,
and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs
with gratitude in your hearts to God."