Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday Thanks Tank #11 (filling up the tank with thanks)


I have much to be thankful for! I have seen others around me in pain, ill, depressed, and even hungry. I will chose to be thankful for...

1. A well checkup for Pretty Princess. She is growing well, doing well, right on target. This is a blessing! With our adoption, her birthmother received no prenatal care. We are unsure of any alcohol/drug use during pregnancy. Princess was born 5 weeks premature. We were (and are) willing to deal with anything that comes up, but are blessed with a healthy four year old girl!

2. A night with an 'old' friend! I was honored to have my good friend from Ohio here for her birthday! It was a short visit - just one evening - but a much needed girls night for me. I miss her more than I imagined I would when she moved...

3. A good surgery outcome. My friend "Thelma" had a hysterectomy on Friday and got through surgery just fine. I was able to visit her several times over the course of the weekend (the hospital is close and Papa had a weird schedule) and even make them dinner on Sunday when she came home.

4. A wonderful babysitter. We rarely get a babysitter anymore, but when we do - we are so blessed to have the one we have! She is so good with the kids! We don't have to worry that she will let them get away with anything. She is firm and loving!

5. A date with Papa. Yes, we got the babysitter for the date! You can read about it in yesterday's post!

6. A week with kids' at day camp. I love my kids! I mean I REALLY love them. Occasionally, it is nice for them to have somewhere to go without me though. It is good for them and good for me!

7. An opportunity to serve others. With Thelma's surgery and her living next door, it has given me a chance to love on her a bit. I have enjoyed being able to sit with her, buy her stuff, cook for her (I took her hot banana nut bread yesterday evening!). It feels good to be there for others!

8. Special time with Pretty Princess! Yesterday morning after taking the boys to camp, Princess and I went to the mall (to get Game Master's glasses fixed - again!). We only had a few hours before we had to be back to pick up Candy Man (he gets done earlier than Game Master). So we went window shopping at the mall! I let her pick what we looked at (making it clear that we weren't buying anything). It was really fun! Each time we'd leave a store, she'd say, "Mommy, let's go to another store!"

9. Pretty Princess' birthparents. As we have celebrated her fourth birthday and her "gotcha day" is approaching, they are constantly on my mind and in my prayers. I finished update letters to send to them and got several pictures from the last year ready as well. We will take them to the adoption agency today to be sent to them. God bless them.

10. Jesus, my Lord. In the midst of a busy week, I can neglect Him, but He refuses to neglect me. Thankfully.

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
--Colossians 2:6,7

"Thursday Thanks Tank" originates at Just Peachy's blog site. Go check it out!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Thank you for the link! Sounds like a wonderful week.

We need to chat soon. I bought SOS for both my girls for next year and want to get your feedback on it. Let me know when would be a good time to talk.

Unknown said...

Hello. I was stopping by for PSH and noticed the old gas pump in the picture on the top of this post. Reminds me, very much, of a place in Ohio. A mill that is now a restaurant.
Anyway, just wanted to share that with you.
Pam