How are you today!? I've been putting off coming to write this! Each Thursday morning amazes me because I don't naturally have a thankful attitude! I NEVER want to do this post! Then I sit down and make myself do it. By the end, I have a thankful attitude. Let's see if it works this morning...
Let's see...(reflecting over the last week)... I am thankful for:
1. Breakfast with a good friend. Last week, I got to have breakfast and a couple hours with my good friend, Melanie. We don't get to see each other as much as we used to. I love her dearly and cherish each moment with her!
2. An awesome adoption agency. We delivered letters to our agency for them to send to Pretty Princess' birthparents. They are so nice and so supportive! Plus they found us our daughter!
3. A new bathing suit. Am I crazy? I must be! I haven't had a new suit in 3 years and have never really liked the one I had! I found one that I liked, for 50% off! I don't like wearing it, but I do love to swim, so I might as well wear one that I like better!!
4. A girl's scrapbooking night! I went to a "crop" on Friday night. It's always good to get out with other women and work on my scrapbook!!
5. A pool day. I took the kids to my parents for a swim day on Saturday. It was a fun day - swimming, splashing, and eating popsicles.
6. My father. I am thankful for my father. Our relationship hasn't always been the best father/daughter bond, but has improved over the years. For that I am thankful.
7. The father of my children. I am thankful for Papa. He spent several hours of Father's Day in the van with the children while I was in the emergency room with a dislocated/broken toe! Poor Papa!
8. A few days off. Isn't it funny how we always want what we don't have? When I am super busy, I just want a day off with nowhere to go and nothing that has to be done. When there is nothing to do, I 'm bored and want something to do or somewhere to go! Since the Father's Day accident, I've been forced to take it easy for a couple days. I've tried to be content in the circumstances!
9. God's presence. He is showing me that no matter where I am spiritually, He is the same. He is always there. He waits patiently for me.
10. Reminders. I need Thursday Thanks Tank to remind me to be thankful!
Now, what are you thankful for today?
"Devote yourselves to prayer,