Monday, April 28, 2008

Going Crazy as a Mother

Okay. So I wrote that title and now I realize what it sounds like! Sorry! I really don't mean it like in the way a really bad word would come next. I just mean that as a mother, I'm going crazy!!

I have this child...let's see... Can you guess which one?

He is driving me crazy. Or more likely, I'm letting him drive me crazy! I'm trying really hard to stay on top of his discipline. It seems like he is totally out of control - most of the time. He can be so mean and terribly disrespectful. He lacks any regret of his actions. It is really disturbing. It is so exhausting!

Twice this weekend he got to go over to a friends for awhile to play. I can't tell you how calm and peaceful our home was during that time. Even CandyMan commented about it. He usually can't stand to see his brother go anywhere. He wants to be with him at all times. That wasn't the case this weekend. CM was relieved to have a break and said so!

But with each return of GM, everything was out of whack! He was yelling, screaming, name calling, picking, hitting, threatening, crying, tantrum throwing, lying out of control! I hate to admit this, but I'm NOT exaggerating! It was really terrible. He is so emotional (mostly angry). He's just mad about not getting his way. It doesn't matter how big or how small the issue is - he can't handle being told no. I'm almost scared of him.

We've been seeing the pediatrician in the last month about this behavior and have another appointment on Thursday. It seems like I ask for prayer for him all of the time. Please pray for me too! I need wisdom and strength to continue dealing with him.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I laughed so hard at the title and your explanation that Jason came into the office to check out what was so funny.

Unfortunately the issues with Gamemaster are not so funny. It stinks so bad. I can't imagine how you must feel. Jason and I will pray.

Servant 4 Christ said...

My only thought to add to that title is that I thought it was mine! I go through such major highs and lows with my son. At the ripe old age of 6 he is great believer material, but there are days when he and I lock horns just as you describe.

Hang in there and know that you are raising great kids for Him, by Him, and through Him. It's a tough job, but amazingly God will be glorified through it all. I am in prayer for you also.

Much love to you and your little ducks!