Sunday, February 10, 2008

New group, New faces, Old feeling!

I went to a new small group this morning. It is for single women. The group leader has a special heart for single moms. It was wonderful!

I will never forget the very first women’s small group that I went to (at another church). I cried all of the way home. It scared my husband to pieces when I walked through the door crying. I just couldn’t believe how great the group was and how nice they were and how safe I felt. I didn’t say a word during the group, but held it all in for the ride home and him!! (Thank you Heidi, January, Maria, Lynn, and Becca - I will never forget that night!)

That is exactly like I felt today! I didn’t say a word. I did have to fight crying several times. I just can’t explain what it felt like to feel safe with them. To hear the verses they were studying. To sit by another single mom. I just felt embraced by God in these ladies presence. I don’t know how else to say it!


I really enjoyed the church service more too. It was nice to sit in the middle of a row surrounded by these new friends. I look forward to going again and getting to know these ladies more! What a blessing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

R,
It sounds like you've found a great church. I'm so glad!! Your blogging has really picked up - I love it!! It's almost as good as chatting with you daily! :)
HUGS,
LA :)

Pam said...

I'm so glad you've been blogging more, too.

I remember you sharing this story with me (the original one). It made me tear up thinking of how much road we've both traveled since then.

May our Lord continue to surprise you and use His daughters to uphold you and keep you safe.