Thursday, February 21, 2008

GameMaster will have an MRI

I just got online to start reading about the possibilites of what could be going on inside of GameMaster's brain. Not a good idea. I'm not going to go there.

We have returned from seeing a child neurologist today (finally). He feels like an MRI needs to be done. Even though the pain is sporadic and not as severe now, there is a cause for it. If the MRI shows nothing, then we may never know what the cause is. If the MRI detects something, it probably won't be a good thing.

So, we will wait for the testing. He said it will take a couple of weeks to get in for the test.

Meanwhile, the kids are out of school today and tomorrow for illness in the schools. So we have a four day weekend!! Too bad it is cold and dreary outside.

I'm taking GameMaster to a Martial Arts class tonight. He's never been before. A close friend's teenage son takes classes there and has recommended it for GameMaster. So we are going to check it out. This sweet teenager is going with us to help GM feel better about it.

We had a little breakthrough this morning. GM and I were talking and I told him that he couldn't do anything until he got his schoolwork done. He got angry with me about that and said, "I'm mad at you!" I got so excited! (It was really kind of funny. He didn't know what to do.) I asked him why he was mad and he told me. We talked about it and ended up hugging! I told him how proud I was of him for expressing his anger, instead of stomping off and letting it boil within him - and taking it out on one of his siblings. He felt really good about it and we were all cool. We will keep working on it...

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is really scary. I do think it could just be stress though. When I get really stressed I have aches and pains throughout my whole body with no explanation. I've heard this from other women too. Of course Jackson is not a woman, but theoretically it could be stress for him. I'm praying for his mind, body and soul and for you and the rest of the family. Love you!

Kelly Stockwell said...

I am praying it is nothing serious and praying at the same time that you will have some answers. If nothing else, the MRI will remove some of the what if and fears from the equation. I am glad that you had a good visit with the dr though and that he is being proactive.
Love you!

Pam said...

Praying for you both as you go through this. So thankful for your doctor. Wish we still had him, too.

Praying too for positive results that give you the answers you seek.

Love you, dear friend.