Saturday, October 04, 2008

Life's Themes

I haven't updated lately. Sorry. I've just been living life. That was my goal this year - to live. Last year's theme was "survive". I did that...even though there were days when it felt like I wouldn't. This year I wanted to do more than survive. I wanted to LIVE! Last year, life was running me. This year, I wanted to be more aware and be able to make choices about my life - to let God run my life, but be okay with that. Does that make sense? I just wanted to enjoy this year more! And I am!


My days are very, very full. Some days I don't even get any work done. Sometimes that worries me, since I'm already on a very low income! But I've been determined to do exactly and only what God wants me to be doing each day. And I am. And He is providing everything we need. Some months it is so very close, but it is all there. I trust Him. I have every reason to. He is faithful.


And it isn't all about finances. As a single mother, it has been hard not to make money my primary focus for providing for my kids. Once I was able to put that aside and trust God for that I was able to provide so much more for them! They needed me in so many other ways. I am so thankful that I can focus on their spiritual and emotional needs and not ALL on their physical needs. It allows me to really feel like their mom again (and not just their caretaker). I can meet thier needs of providing a home, clothes, meals, etc... But I can also spend my time raising them and teaching them and playing with them.


I'm amazed at what God has done in my family. He has been so good to me.


I wonder what next year's theme will be? Maybe LOVE! Crazy Love!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Hey Girl~

This is a great post!

Thanks, too, for the link to Crazy Love. I'm going to check that out myself.

I am so proud of you and the way you are choosing to LIVE life.

Can't wait to see more of what God is doing in your life.

Love you, friend.

Unknown said...

You've been tagged on my blog! I hope you are doing well! Love, LA :)