Wednesday, November 05, 2008

I admit it - I'm grumpy!

Okay, I admit it. I am grumpy! I realized it this morning when GuitarHero and I were have a word battle this morning (that is a nice way to say "yelling at each other"). I've just been mad the last few days. I can't even really tell you why. It's not like there's been one thing that made me mad. It is silly, really.

Oh! I know what it is! Selfishness. I haven't gotten my way. Things keep happening that change my plans. I don't like that. I don't handle that very well. It is one of the things in the past that would've pushed me to eat. I can't eat anymore. Maybe that makes me mad too.

My dishwasher has been broken for a month. The guy finally came to look at it on Monday and said he'd order the part and be back in a couple of WEEKS to fix it. I'm tired of washing dishes. (Like I don't have anything else to do!)

I was stuck at home 2 days last week with sick children. Now CandyMan has been home every day this week. Yep, he's still home today. After a doctor's visit this morning I found out that really he is all better. His current symptoms are due to introducing milk products too soon during the stomach virus. I thought it was the BRATY (banana, rice, applesauce, toast, yogurt) diet I was suppose to give him. Apparently it is the BRAT diet. Yogurt wasn't a good choice... I'll leave you to your imagination.

I haven't been able to exercise for 2 1/2 weeks. I was so sick coughing and couldn't breath enough to walk and now that I'm better, I have a 7 year old home sick and still can't go. I need the exercise - trust me. It'd do the stress good. It'd make me feel better too. (On a brighter note, I've been lifting weights from home and am getting some arm muscles!)

Monday was the monthly Prayer Walk at the kid's school. I really enjoy this each month as I get to walk through the entire school and pray at each classroom door. It is something I look forward to. Didn't get to do it this month.

I have really wanted to help in GuitarHero's class this week with a project they are doing. His teacher asked my help on Friday and I've postponed it every day. It is due Friday...she found someone else to do it. I was really looking forward to it!

Worst of all, GuitarHero's teacher sent a note home yesterday saying he had 2 assignments that he had known about for 1-2 weeks, but had not begun. He also had not told me about either one! He continues to have late assignments and I don't know how to handle it anymore. I've prayed and asked for God's guidance, but don't have an answer yet. I'm definitely frustrated in this situation. It is so hard being a single parent and not having someone to at least "think out loud" through things.

I have been on my knees 3 times in the last 24 hours. My mood is irritable. I can usually handle these little things at this point in my life. I thought maybe my blood pressure was back up, but it isn't. I need an attitude check!

Now I've been on hold for 30 minutes to get through to our insurance company and just got hung up on!!
-
Lately I have been talking about being real with others - telling it like it is - good or bad. So...there it is! My reality today. Nobody is perfect...

2 comments:

Pam said...

As you already know from our conversation via FB, I am in the same mood. Thanks for your insight. I need to get on my knees too and change my attitude. I also think I'll go get dressed and take a walk to relieve some stress.

I'm sorry you've been struggling, sweet friend. Who knew the disastrous results from BRATY rather than BRAT? So sorry you've discovered it.

Know I will be praying for you as I beseech the Lord myself. You are precious to my heart, dear one.

I laughed at the banner at the end of this post. The chuckle was much-needed!

Kendra said...

I think it is lack of alone time and lack of exercise. Your body has gotten use to the daily walk.

Maybe it is the time of year, because I am grumpy too!