Thursday, June 07, 2007

God's Blessings

God has a funny way of blessing us sometimes. We have to look for them, or we will miss them. Lately, I've just been too exhausted and distracted to see them. However, yesterday was a bit too obvious!

I've been feeling down for the last week as my daughter's fifth birthday approached. I had to work and the children all had to go to daycare. I was so bummed about it. I miss spending my days with my children terribly. It is especially hard on their birthdays!

Well, I picked up the children and brought them home on Tuesday evening. I noticed that Kennedy wasn't talking much and she was acting a bit puny. By 6:45pm, I was taking her temperature. Sure enough! She had a fever - 102.6.

This may sound very strange, especially in light of
previous posts as a stay at home mom, but I was THRILLED! This is one more upside-down change in our lives! I used to become greatly depressed when one of my little ducklings became ill. Now, with our first illness since becoming a single-working mom, I'm excited about a high fever!

Well, afterall, the next day was her birthday! We were able to spend the day together yesterday! I kept the boys out of daycare too. She didn't run a temp all day and seemed to feel fine! But the daycare rules are she can't attend within 24 hours of having a fever!

Funny, but by last night, her temperature spiked up again to 103.3! I gave her Ibuprofen and put her to bed. She woke me up at 4:30 this morning with a temp of 103.9! More Ibuprofen was given and we slept in! This morning, her temp is normal and she's watching a movie. I'm going to play with the boys!! ;)

No comments: