Monday, December 01, 2008

It's Been Four Months

I've been on this journey for 4 months now. I am amazed at God's grace to free me from the obsession of food. Eating has become so unimportant to me now. Food is a means of survival. Truly. Occasionally I have a desire for something, but I know it won't satisfy. Eating is not fun. I take no enjoyment from it. That may sound sad to some of you, but trust me when I say that it is a blessing for me!! Food and eating was just way too important to me before. Now, it is purely to be healthy. I eat my protein, my fruit and veggies. I take lots of vitamins. And that is it. I eat only what I must eat to survive - to be healthy. I am 80 pounds less than I was - and still losing! I had a wonderful Thanksgiving! The time spent with my family was terrific. I didn't eat stuffing, or potatoes, or pie. I don't care either! I don't feel deprived. I feel blessed!! I am free!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You look so, so beautiful!! I am so very proud of you and so happy as well!! Now, you can inspire me to make the rest of this journey with you! I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! We both have MUCH to be thankful for!

I love you dearly!
LA :)

Jennifer said...

You look great and sound great! I'm very happy for you.