Saturday, September 08, 2007

The latest!

I feel like my blog has become a way to update my friends. I guess that is okay. Some of you have been asking for it! So here it is...

Life is busy. Life is exhausting at our house... I'm managing to work one full time job, M-F, 8-5, at Hosenfeld Chiropractic. I worked there years and years ago and they are really close to my house. So this spring when I needed a job, it was natural to try there first. It made job hunting easy. I work in the Billing Office, which is seperate from their two locations where they see patients. Sometimes I fill in at their two offices working at the front desk, when people are out sick or whatever.

I've also been working from home part time for FAST Billing. I do medical billing from home in my spare time. Since school has started, I have very little spare time and don't know how much longer this job will be mine!

I also work from home part time for TSS Photography. My parent's own the local franchise and I work for them whenever I can to help them and make some extra money.

So, that is my three jobs.

Now for the "real" update... My children found out this week that their dad is getting remarried. It wasn't taken very well, to say the least. I called and asked Papa to come over and answer their questions and talk to them. They were withdrawing very quickly and I'm glad he came over. It forced them to deal with it. They still aren't happy about it, but they are talking about it, which is good.

Everyday is a challenge to keep each of them encouraged, motivated, and feeling loved. I have so little time with each of them individually. I'm learning how to make the time by staggering their bedtimes by age and keeping the older ones busy while spending some one-on-one with each child. I cherish this time with them. I think they do too...

I have had a couple of opportunities just this week to share my faith with friends, co-workers, and acquaintances. It feels good to be used by God, and not be the "needy" one all the time! October 1st will be the one year mark since Papa moved out and it all started. They say that the first year is the hardest. It has been really hard. I've thought many times that I wasn't going to make it. Those moments are becoming further and further apart now (Thank you God). I have hope!

3 comments:

Pam said...

I'll leave the first "splash" : ) I am so glad you've found work at Hosenfeld Chiropractic. I'm also glad you get to be in your own office most of the time. I'm sure that works well for you.

Bless your heart, dear Mama Duck, as you try to be everything that the papa won't. I am praying for God to sustain you and your precious ducklings as you do the right thing for them and for you. What he's done and continues to do makes my heart sick.

Praise God for those opportunities you had to share your faith. What an inspiration you are to me to do the same -- especially when I don't think I can.

So glad to hear God is giving you hope. I know He will not stop doing that ever.

melbittle said...

Hey,
I pray for you and your little ducks daily. I am so sorry that I have not been able to be there for you like I want to be.
I love you

Unknown said...

Mama Duck,
You are a REAL inspiration for all of us who know and love you! You are truly one of the strongest women and BEST mom's I've ever known!

You keep standing strong knowing that "this too will pass"!
Sending love, hugs and prayers your way consistently!
Love ya!
LA :)