Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Sad Duck

Well, this is it. It is my last night as a married woman. I've been married for 11 years, 4 months, 1 week, and a day (but who is counting). We've made three homes, three children, and a lot of memories (good and bad). And just like that...it's over.

I go to court tomorrow morning to finalize my divorce. My attorney says it will be "quick and easy". She's single, never been married, no children. She is not kidding me. This will be one of the worst days of my life.
I didn't get married thinking, "if it doesn't work out, I'll get a divorce". I was committing to spending my life, at all costs, with this man. I never imagined that there would come a day when he would not be committed to the same! That he would not do everything to fight any battle for me and his future children...

None-the-less, here I am. Tomorrow night, I will be single. Who, at 35 years old with 3 children wants to be single!? Not I.


6 comments:

Kelly Stockwell said...

I am praying for you this morning...my heart is breaking for you. Praying you will feel the arms of God wrap around you and hold you tight. Love you!

Jennifer said...

I'll be praying too.

Unknown said...

Richelle,
I haven't talked to you in so long. I stumbled on some old bookmarks and went to your blog. I was and still am in shock! Even though we haven't seen each other in SOOOO long - I love you and I will keep you and your three beautiful children in my prayers! Don too!
Love you!
Leeann

Unknown said...

Whew! You got me crying with that one! You know I will always be there for you. I wanted to send you flowers today. Since the office is closed until 2, I couldn't get the address. Love you!!!

melanie said...

He still adores you and is holding you tighter and closer than anyone could. He alone can fill this void and be real and be the Lord of you heart. praying for you today as well, for courage and strength and for the Spirit to minister to you each step you take.

melbittle said...

I know that God will continue to carry you through this terrible time. He says that he will and you know that He does not break His promises. He is 100% reliable, 100% of the time. He is working even when you don't think He is. I love you and continue to pray for you and your baby ducks!
" For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11